The Borden project is located near Chapleau, Ontario, approximately 160 kilometers west of Timmins. The project has the potential to further enhance the long-term economics of Porcupine. A pre-feasibility study is underway to determine the optimization of a combined Borden-Porcupine operation and is expected to be completed during the first quarter of 2017. An Advanced Exploration permit has been submitted and is expected to be received by early 2017. The permit would allow for the construction of a ramp, the extraction of a 30,000 ton bulk sample and provide an underground platform for exploration drilling of a deposit that still remains open at depth and laterally.
Goldcorp Borden Gold – Chapleau, ON
We are seeking an individual for a permanent position in the Borden Exploration Department.
- Carry out both near deposit and regional exploration programs based in Chapleau
- Logging of diamond drill core, selection of samples, ongoing adherence to QA-QC programs
- Geological mapping at the local and regional scale, prospecting and geochemical sampling
- Generation of geological models in 3D software
- Design holes, provide drillers with layouts; visit drill sites to spot holes
- Track drilling progress on a daily basis; visit rigs, inspect adherence to PGM policies and environmental guidelines
- Timely HSEC reporting and correction
- Assist in identification and evaluation of economic resources and reserves
- Ensure exploration activities will not cause unsafe work and/or detrimental environmental situations
- Ongoing awareness of the societal and cultural impact of exploration activities
- Supervision of any sample collection, storage, shipment performed by technicians
- Utilize industry-standard software to compile and interpret geological & assay results.
- Assist with resource estimations
- Follow operating procedures, company policies and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Completion of a 4-year B.Sc. (Geology) degree program
- Must hold, or be eligible to obtain a certified P.Geo designation
- 5-8 years exploration experience with 1-3 years of gold exploration experience
- Background in structural geology and working ability in Vulcan and/or GEMS would be an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to promote open and frank communication and to speak clearly and confidently
- Innovation and proven ability to work with others with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Constant awareness of the need for accurate and timely data collection
- Willingness to stop and correct unsafe work when visiting worksites in the field
- Ability to cope with shifting deadlines, new technologies, increasing standards, function within a dynamic and rapidly changing work environment
- Industry standard training in First Aid would be an asset
- Physically demanding work; heavy lifting commonly required, must be comfortable working in the field and visiting mining operations
- Must possess a “discovery-oriented” exploration attitude
- Computer literacy is required; working knowledge of the MS software suite, industry standard digital logging and database entry.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, go to our website www.goldcorp.com/careers and enter Job Number BOR00000147 to submit your application. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided to support participation in the recruitment process. All properties owned by Goldcorp Ltd. Porcupine Gold Mines are now officially Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc. If you are applying for an internally posted position you must inform your supervisor and site HR department.