The Borden project is located near Chapleau, Ontario, approximately 160 kilometers west of Timmins. The project has the potential to further enhance the long-term economics of Porcupine. A pre-feasibility study is underway to determine the optimization of a combined Borden-Porcupine operation and is expected to be completed during the first quarter of 2017. An Advanced Exploration permit has been submitted and is expected to be received by early 2017. The permit would allow for the construction of a ramp, the extraction of a 30,000 ton bulk sample and provide an underground platform for exploration drilling of a deposit that still remains open at depth and laterally.
Senior Planning Coordinator
Borden Gold Project – Chapleau, ON
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the purpose of a Senior Planning Coordinator is to provide direction and focus for the planning group to achieve and surpass the mine’s safety and production targets and add value to the operation.
- Build and motivate a Planning team that works effectively and efficiently with other departments.
- Design and scheduling of operating and capital headings to ensure long term safety and production goals can be achieved and sustained.
- Ensure compliance for all governmental and company procedures.
- Generate effective, efficient and safe mine designs and plans and measure performance of existing designs and systems.
- Ensure the planning group works safely and strives to maintain triple zero.
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement in safety by reviewing existing engineering designs and implementing new designs.
- Ensure that all designs and plans conform to regulatory compliance and meet all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Promote and adhere to company safety policies.
- Schedule and Review all mine planning and design to increase value to operations.
- Optimize production and minimize dilution through effective and efficient mine designs and production schedules.
- Provide guidance to operations which will maximize production, plan their activities and accurately measure KPI’s.
- Oversee all planning activities to ensure that layouts are safe, effective and issued in a timely manner.
- Participate in the Budget, SBP and YERR processes.
- Maintain report and monitor all production KPI’s to ensure that the company’s goals and objectives are achieved.
- Participate in strategic planning at the departmental level, and provide input to increase value and optimize the use of resources.
- Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, and providing feedback and coaching to direct reports.
- A Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering (minimum 7 years’ experience) or Mine Technician (minimum 10 years’ experience) with proven leadership track record and well-rounded experience in all areas of Mine Engineering.
- Seven to twelve years of mine operation and engineering experience.
- Operations experience in an Underground or Open Pit environment would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an intermediate to senior supervisory role.
- Good management skills are necessary to build a cohesive group and ensure a motivated team.
- Good knowledge of different engineering and mining operating methods is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required with a proven ability to work with others.
- Must be focused, clear, decisive, visionary and innovative.
How to Apply
Applications close on Sunday, April 2nd, 2017. To be considered for this role, go to our website www.goldcorp.com and enter Job Number BOR00000148 to submit your application. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided to support participation in the recruitment process. All properties owned by Goldcorp Ltd. Porcupine Gold Mines are now officially Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.